Spring 2020 CARES 2.0 Stipend Applications Now Open!
The application deadline is May 15, 2020. Please read all the information below carefully to find out if you are eligible and learn how to apply!
The CARES 2.0 team is currently processing applications submitted on April 14th – May 15th, 2020.
To view your application date, please log in to the CA ECE Workforce Registry and click “Stipends and Pathways,” and then “My Stipends” to see the date of your application.”
What is CARES 2.0?
The Compensation and Retention Early Educator Stipend (CARES 2.0) was created in partnership with First 5 San Francisco to support early educators in San Francisco.
The Office of Early Care and Education is set to distribute $30 million between 2019-2021 to educators employed at city-funded licensed family child care and center-based programs in San Francisco. The first distribution took place in the Fall of 2019 and educators can now apply for the second distribution.
A series of community roundtables and workgroup sessions with early educators and community stakeholders helped identify eligibility criteria and guidelines for CARES 2.0, ensuring that:
- Stipends are distributed twice a year
- Equal stipend amounts are awarded to all recipients
- Eligible educators work directly with children for at least 20 hours a week
Who is eligible?
To be considered eligible for the Spring 2020 CARES 2.0 stipend applicants must:
- Be employed by a program within the Early Learning Scholarship (ELS) or Preschool for All (PFA) networks (for a list of all eligible programs see link below).
- Work with children directly for at least 20 hours a week (this must have been the case before March 16, 2020).
- Have an ECE workforce registry account to access the application.
All programs eligible for CARES 2.0
How to Apply
Step-by-Step Guide for applying to CARES 2.0
- W-9 forms are only required if you are a new applicant to the CARES 2.0 program or you are a returning applicant who has changed the information on their previously submitted W-9 (name, address, identifying information).
- Checks will be disseminated on a rolling basis as applications are being approved by the CARES 2.0 team and Children’s Council.
- After your application is complete, you will receive an email verifying that you have submitted an application.
- Our team will then review your application and payment information. You will be contacted if any additional information is needed.
- Once your application has been reviewed and approved, we will update your status to “approved” and you will be sent a “Paid Application” email with your final stipend amount.
- You should receive your stipend within 30 days of your “Paid Application” email.
Support & Resources
For questions or support with creating a California ECE Workforce Registry Account please contact the Help Desk at Children’s Council.
Help Desk Email: email@example.com
Help Desk Phone: 415-343-4669*
*Currently both the OECE-CARES and Children’s Council numbers are functioning as voicemail boxes and are being checked regularly.
CARES 2.0 Fact Sheet
Non-Profit Financial Adviser Resource