Step 1: City Vendor Application
Before OECE can do business with any organization, they must first apply to become a City Vendor.  Click here to learn how to do business with the City.

Step 2: Apply for Funding Opportunities
Please see the Funding Opportunities page for instructions on how to apply for funding with OECE. Please note that organizations may apply for funding before officially becoming a City Vendor.

Step 3: Register with Financial System Project (F$P)
After an organization is awarded a funding contract, it needs to register with F$P, which is the City’s new enterprise financial and procurement system (i.e. the replacement system for FAMIS and ADPICS). Private and non-profit organizations, alike, should use this system. For more information, click here.

Step 4: Use OECE’s online contracting system, CARBON
Finally, after being awarded with a contract, organizations must use CARBON to conduct invoicing and program reporting. The Human Service Agency Contracts Office sends organizations a template for the organization to complete identifying key individuals to use the system. (Please note that some functions of CARBON will eventually be replaced by F$P.) For more details on CARBON, click here.

Whistleblower Note:

If you have complaints regarding deficiencies in the quality and delivery of City services, wasteful practices, misuse of funds, or improper actions by City staff, you can file a complaint through the City’s Whistleblower Program, explain in detail here.