Early Care and Education programs that have OECE funding agreements are required to use two data systems: Cocoa & the California ECE Workforce Registry. Early Care and Education programs that are qualified to recieve OECE funding are required to report information into the California ECE Workforce Registry.
The Help Desk provides technical support to early education programs on their use of OECE’s required data systems, including trouble-shooting, orienting staff to the systems, demonstrating how the systems work, and explaining processes. Help Desk support is offered in Cantonese, Spanish and English. You can reach the multilingual Help Desk at
- English: Emily Kraybill – (415) 343-3358 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish: Isidro Valderde – (415) 276-2916 / email@example.com
- Chinese: Ying Chen – (415) 276-2939 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Child Enrollment & Attendance Reporting Requirements
Read the descriptions below or click HERE for a summary of which funding types require reporting into Cocoa or use of paper time sheets.
- Programs with Reserved, Moderate, and or/ELS Gap on Title 5 funding report all children, (subsidized or unsubsidized) including children using vouchers, in Cocoa.
- Programs with only Preschool for All funding report only PFA-funded children in Cocoa.
- Programs who are ELS qualified but DO NOT have a Funding Agreement for Reserved, Moderate, ELS-Gap or Preschool for All funding use paper attendance sheets supplied by Integrated Services Administrators. A sample attendance sheet is available below with examples on how to document different start and end times. Click HERE for sample attendance sheet.
Cocoa is the daily attendance tracking and enrollment data system for programs receiving Early Learning Scholarship Reserved, Moderate, Gap on Title 5 funding or Preschool for All funding from the SF Office of Early Care and Education. Cocoa holds information on enrolled children and programs that is used to calculate OECE payments to providers and can generate required forms for state and federal reporting.
Click HERE for a calendar of the Cocoa certification deadlines
Click HERE for a summary of data required to be entered in Cocoa
- Cocoa Login
- Cocoa Resources
The California Early Care and Education Workforce Registry is designed to track and promote the education, training and experience of the early care and education workforce. Participation in the Registry is required for Early Learning Scholarship and Preschool For All Programs, but all San Francisco early care and education professionals are encouraged to join the registry.
- Tip Sheet – Data OECE requires to be reported in the Registry: English, Spanish, Chinese
- The California Workforce Registry Login
- FAQ: English, Spanish, Chinese
- For Teachers and Staff:
- For FCC Owners, Executive Directors, and other Administrative Users:
Web-based Learning System (WELS) is designed to track data, ratings, and quality improvement work for programs participating in the Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS). The portal allows programs to access and enter information, view assessment data details, upload documentation, and collaborate on quality improvement efforts with coaches. All OECE-funded programs must commit to achieving and maintaining a Tier 3 rating or higher throughout the funding period.